AQUAVISTA OF PANAMA CITY BEACH OWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The foregoing resolution was approved by a majority vote of the Board of Directors of the Aquavista of Panama City Beach Owners Association, Inc. (“Association”) on this the 17 day of December 2020.
WHEREAS, the Declaration of Condominium for Aquavista, a Condominium(“Declaration”) and Ch. 718, Florida Statutes, authorize the Association to adopt reasonable rules and regulations regarding use and enjoyment of the condominium’s common elements, including parking spaces;
WHEREAS, the Board of Directors (“Board”) of the Association, upon independent investigation and the receipt of input from the Parking Committee, has determined that parking on the condominium property has been a challenge to owners and their guests and that the adoption of additional rules and regulations is required to ensure that adequate parking is available in accordance with provisions of the Declaration;
WHEREAS, to achieve the aforementioned objectives, the Board desires to amend the adopted reasonable rules and regulations regarding parking on the condominium property, to read in full and as set forth below;
BE IT THEREFORE RESOLVED as follows:
The following “Aquavista Condominium Parking Policy” regarding parking on the condominium property shall apply to all Aquavista Owners, guests, tenants, and invitees:
AQUAVISTA CONDOMINIUM PARKING POLICY
- Parking Restriction: The parking of all vehicles anywhere on the condominium property
must comply with this Policy.
- Permit Requirement: All vehicles parked on the condominium property shall at all times
display a valid parking permit issued by the Association. Parking permits shall include only
Owner decals, temporary permits obtained free of charge for first passenger vehicles of
guests/renters, and Association issued paid parking permits for second passenger vehicles
and Non-Passenger Vehicles.
- First Passenger Vehicles: Each Unit Owner is entitled to the use of one automobile parking
space for the use of a passenger vehicle free of charge. Owner’s first vehicles shall display an
Association-issued Owner parking decal. Vehicles of renters and guests shall display an
Association-issued parking permit identifying the unit number they occupy, check-in and
check-out dates, and telephone number at which the renters or guests can be reached. Permits
shall be obtained from the Association at www.aquavistapcb.org. Owners and rental
companies are responsible to convey to their renters and guests the required permits. All
decals and permits shall be placed on the dashboard of a vehicle and must be visible from
outside the vehicle at all times
- Second Passenger Vehicles and Non-Passenger Vehicles: Parking of (i) a second passenger vehicle, and (ii) recreational vehicles, boats, trailers, or similar non-passenger vehicles (collectively, “Non-Passenger Vehicles)” on the condominium property is subject to prior written permission of the Association and the payment of a parking fee. To ensure adequate parking for all Owners, Non-Passenger Vehicles shall not be parked in the Owner’s free of charge automobile parking space and may only be parked as a second vehicle. The Association, through its Board of Directors and / or the Community Association Manager, shall have broad discretion in reviewing requests for parking of second and Non-Passenger Vehicles on the condominium property. In reviewing such requests, the Association may consider the number of additional parking spaces available within the condominium property at the time of the request, any inconvenience to other residents that the approval of the request may cause, historical occupancy rates and any other factors or considerations that the Board of Directors and / or the Community Association Manager may find relevant. Approved second and Non-Passenger Vehicles will be issued a parking permit which shall be placed on the dashboard of a vehicle and must be visible from outside the vehicle at all times. The initial charge for a second passenger vehicle permit is $25.00 per week (one-week minimum charge) or $35.00 per month. The initial charge a Non-Passenger Vehicle permit is $50.00 per week (one-week minimum charge). The Board may adjust these charges from time to time at a duly noticed Board meeting without the need to amend this Policy. Owners and rental companies are responsible to convey to their renters and guests the required permits. All permits required by this paragraph shall be obtained from the Association at www.aquavistapcb.org and shall be placed on the dashboard of the vehicle and must be visible from outside the vehicle at all times.
- Limitations. All authorized vehicles shall be parked within the lines of a marked parking
space. All vehicles parked on the condominium property must have a valid state registration
tag and a license plate. No inoperable, junked or derelict vehicle shall be parked on the
condominium property at any time. Any motor vehicle that cannot be operated in its existing
condition or has a deteriorated body condition shall be deemed to be a junk or derelict
vehicle, regardless of the display of valid state license/registration sticker. No vehicle
maintenance, repairs, or intentional drainage of vehicle fluids are permitted on the property.
- Towing. Vehicles parked on the condominium property that do not display a valid parking
permit in violation of this Parking Policy or the Association Towing Resolution may be
towed without notice, as described in the Association’s Towing Resolution, at the vehicle
owner’s expense. For other violations, vehicles may be towed after giving prior written
notice hand delivered, mailed to the violator’s residence, or placed on the vehicle prior to
authorization of a tow.
- Parking Rules Summary. The Board may adopt a summary of this Policy (“Parking Rules
Summary”) to include rates for parking permits and other exceptions, for easy reference by
Owners and guests. Owners who rent their unit shall provide renters and / or the rental
company with a copy of the Parking Rules Summary or shall post the Parking Rules
Summary in a prominent location within the unit.
ADOPTED BY AN AFFIRMATIVE VOTE OF THE
ADOPTED BY AN AFFIRMATIVE VOTE OF THE MAJORITY OF THE BOARD OF
DIRECTORS IN OPEN MEETING ON THE DAY OF December 17, 2020
AND AS WITNESSED BY:
President of the Board of Directors